Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Quick intro before I show some skin.....care that is!

So, before we jump into the wonderful world of skin care, I'd like to share a little about myself. I was born and raised in Springfield, MO where I choose to leave in hopes of finding that beautiful green grass everyone is searching for. My search began in  Denver, CO where I attended the College of International Esthetics, specializing in the medical side of skin care, discovering a passion I never could have known existed so deeply inside of me, I became a licensed aesthetician.  After spending a couple of years in Colorado, I knew it just wasn't for me, I was after the bright lights and the hustle and bustle of big city life. So, one cold rainy day in February I packed all my belongings into my small SUV and as day turned to night I continued westward. With windshield wipers on full speed, my bright lights barely visible through the relentless downpour, and a  full-size mattress strapped to the top of my car I set off into the  Rocky Mountains continued through the Eisenhower tunnel and coasted into the desert terrain of Nevada. With the sun rising over a city in the distance I knew I had found my new home. Life in Las Vegas started out rough, between trying to find work and transferring my aesthetics license I realized I would have to take what I could get. I finally got a job as a temporary skin care consultant at the Sephora opening inside of the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. I began my month long training learning the ins and outs of all things beauty.  Finally! City life with the glitz and the glamour I'd been craving.  I felt so glamorous every day just walking the cobblestoned walkways gazing longingly into the shops of Fendi, Louis Vuitton, and Valentino. There is nowhere else in the world you can find 6 Louis Vuitton stores within 5 miles of each other. Sadly, business slowed and I had to say goodbye to my beautiful new home.  Now I reside in southern California, which I adore, it is the perfect mix of everything I love. I am living every small town girls dream, moving from Missouri to California has been a priceless experience. Best of all I am practicing what I love, and the reason I have brought you all to my blog SKINCARE!

I currently work on clients on a daily basis, I see and treat all different skin types and conditions. I am also still employed at Sephora, in California now, as a skincare consultant, where I have received a wealth of skin care knowledge from all the brands, freebies and training I have gotten.  So now I would like to pass my knowledge and love of skin, products (good and bad), and life as an esthetician onto you!


You will also be joining me on the journey of working on my own skin. I am currently experimenting with different chemical peels and products to create improvement on my hyperpigmentation (dark spots), acne blemishes, ice pick scars (scars appearing to be very enlarged pores), clogged pores, and fine lines which you may also find helpful in treating your own skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment